[Gc] Slightly off topic: Are there any benchmarks comparing the speed of gc v non gc?

Sean Cross sean at picsprint.com
Thu Jan 17 02:41:39 PST 2008

Firstly I apologise for my first post being off topic.  I will have more on
topic questions later.

I made the mistake of posting the assertion "A well written and tuned
garbage collector can be faster than manual allocation." on my blog and have
been subsequently called on it.

Are there any publicly available benchmarks that would demonstrate the truth
or otherwise of this?

Regards

Sean
Sean Cross
mailto:sean at sourceitsoftware.com

Pics Print - The photo printing solution for Windows.
http://www.picsprint.com

Rental Property Manager - Rental management made easy
http://www.sourceitsoftware.com

Blog: http://sourceitsoftware.blogspot.com/