[Gc] how to build gc for certain requirements

Britton Kerin bkerin at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 17 14:12:33 PDT 2008

I'm trying to figure out how to build the gc (7.1) for the following
requirements:

1. Malloc interposition.  I think this just needs
--enable-redirect-malloc now?

2. incremental collection

3. Best odds of working with threads.  I think its just
--enable-thread=posix

4. I also put in --enable-gc-assertions

The trouble is when I run programs linked to this library I get the
following
messages:

./test_ec_lock_test_binary;
GC Warning: USE_PROC_FOR_LIBRARIES + GC_LINUX_THREADS performs poorly.
GC Warning: Incremental GC incompatible with /proc roots
GC Warning: Incremental GC incompatible with /proc roots
etc.

Am I missing some configure option or is it necessary to hand-modify
some
Makefiles to get this combination working?

Thanks,
Britton