[Gc] GC_clear_fl_marks loops

Bruce Hoult bruce at hoult.org
Mon Mar 17 12:37:35 PST 2008

2008/3/18 Alex Rozenman <rozenman at gmail.com>:
> Hi All !
>
> I have the following problem with gc 7.0 on Linux. Sometimes, the
> GC_clear_fl_marks enters an infinite loop, because the obj_link linked list
> is looping. Could you please explain me,  what is a possible reason for that
> ? Whether the problem is memory corruption in application code ?

The only way I know for this to happen is if you call GC_free() on the
same object twice.

GC_free() is just an optimization, and is always optional, but if you
do use it then you are now taking responsibility for the correctness
of your memory management and you must be very sure you don't commit
double-delete or dangling pointer errors.