[Gc] Memory leak located (corrected error in Map)!

Christophe Meessen meessen at cppm.in2p3.fr
Tue May 6 04:00:12 PDT 2008

Boehm, Hans a écrit :
> Thanks for the suggestion, and apologies for the confusion.  I updated gcinterface.html on the web site and in the distribution to hopefully make this clearer.

For strings I finally do something like this
typedef std::basic_string<char, char_traits<char>, gc_allocator<char> >
gc_string;
Same for wchat_t to get a gc_wstring. This is really simple to use. It
is just unfortunate that implicit conversion between string and
gc_string are not implicit. The code now works perfectly on vc++ 2003
and with g++ on linux. I still have to check with multithreading.

For the containers, I is also unfortunate that we can't define templated
typedefs. We'll have to wait for the next C++ standard for this. It will
then be possible to define things like gc_vector, gc_map.

Good news about the 7.1 release. Congratulations and thank you very much
for this remarkable tool.

--
Bien cordialement,

Ch. Meessen