[Gc] Concerning this mailing list

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Sun May 25 17:07:28 PDT 2008

On 25 May 2008, at 5:36 am, Martin Wartens wrote:
> In general, I would like to kindly suggest to move away from the
> mailing list
> to a web-based forum, which would be much more convenient to use.

I would like to desperately suggest NOT moving away from the mailing
list.
This is a thread that comes up at least once a year in several of the
mailing
lists I am on, and the result is usually the same:
  - a torrent of people saying that mail is much more convenient for
them
  - someone pointing out that web interfaces to mail exist
  - the revolution does not happen (and a good thing too)

--
"I don't want to discuss evidence." -- Richard Dawkins, in an
interview with Rupert Sheldrake.  (Fortean times 232, p55.)