[Gc] Query on gc7.0

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Sun Nov 2 11:40:37 PST 2008

I don't believe this operating system is currently supported.  At least it doesn't ring any bells.  Others on this list may have more experience in this area.

There are basic porting directions at http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/porting.html, which may be slightly dated, but I think is still quite close.

The amount of work that's required is highly variable.  It usually goes up significantly if you need thread or incremental GC support.  A basic single-threaded port to a platform on which it is easy to find static data in the address space may be quite fast.

Hans