[Gc] Re: Threads leak memory?

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Fri Oct 24 09:05:23 PDT 2008

Hi,

Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru> writes:

> First of all, try to use GC7.2a1 (from CVS).

OK, will do.  Are there thread-related fixes specifically?

> Next, what is the config of GC You using (like, with or without thread-local-alloc, etc.)?

It's the default configuration on GNU/Linux with GCC 4.2, so it has
`THREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC' and `USE_COMPILER_TLS' for instance.

> Could You reproduce this behaviour without USE_MMAP, with/without USE_MUNMAP?

It's currently running without `USE_MMAP' (it's not defined by default
on this platform, as shown by `config.log').

I just compiled 7.1 with `USE_MMAP'[*] and the program exhibits the same
behavior.

Thanks,
Ludo'.

[*] Since there's no `configure' option, I configured it with
    "CPPFLAGS=-DUSE_MMAP ./configure" and made sure the user-provided
    CPPFLAGS are actually honored.