Re[4]: [Gc] Segfault in GC_mark_from

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Oct 25 12:31:40 PDT 2008

Hi!

Klaus Treichel <ktreichel at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i send this mail again because it looks like the first time it didn't
> get to the list.
>
> (At least i didn't get it)
>
> > Am Sonntag, den 12.10.2008, 21:06 +0400 schrieb Ivan Maidanski:
> > > Hi!

> I'm using a default build on x86 Linux.

Please recompile the gc lib manually - type the following:
rm add_gc_prefix.c AmigaOS.c gcname.c if_mach.c if_not_there.c MacOS.c msvc_dbg.c setjmp_t.c threadlibs.c
gcc -c -g -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -DNO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION -DGC_ASSERTIONS -DGC_THREADS -I include -I libatomic_ops-1.2/src *.c libatomic_ops-1.2/src/atomic_ops.c
ar -crus libgc.so *.o

And don't turn on GC incremental mode (i.e. don't call GC_enable_incremental() or set GC_ENABLE_INCREMENTAL env var).
If You'd manage to reproduce the bug again with this config - let me know.

> Ok, I've done that and now it shows that an invalid value is set for
> mse_start in mark.c at line 671.
> Klaus

I'm still looking thru the info provided by you...

Bye.