Re: [Gc] windows guys

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun Oct 26 08:39:09 PST 2008

Hi!

"Jack Andrews" <effbiae at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi there,
>
> are there any windows users or maintainers out there?
I'm a windows C (not C++) user but I compile/link it manually (with a single cmd - it's flexible and easy for me).

> i've tried to build gc6.7 on windows but it fails (see below).  so i
> assume it's not currently maintained.  i've done some work to get
> gctest working.  i can provide patches, project files or nmake files
> for windows (or cmake files if you use that).
The build scripts may be outdated (in CVS). It would be nice if You try to update them.

> just would be nice if there are any windows guys out there who could
> review or test some patches.
Not me (see above). But someone from the mailing list definitely would do.

> ta, jack.
>
> with  http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gc_source/gc.tar.gz
>
> >cd gc6.7
> >copy NT_MAKEFILE MAKEFILE
> Overwrite MAKEFILE? (Yes/No/All): Y
>         1 file(s) copied.
> >"%VS80COMNTOOLS%\vsvars32.bat"
> Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 x86 tools.
>
> >nmake test
Or You may type (without copying): nmake -f NT_MAKEFILE

> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.762
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'test'
> Stop.
>
> gc_cpp.cc(27) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'gc_cpp.h': No such file or directory
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
check "-I include" present (for C++).

> Stop.

Bye.