[Gc] `USE_COMPILER_TLS' on GNU/Linux

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Sun Sep 14 16:50:47 PDT 2008

I think thread_local_alloc.h, around line 43, should cause it to be used by default, at least with sufficiently recent gcc versions.  If it doesn't, something's broken.  That would probably be a better place to take care of the FreeBSD case as well, since that causes it to work even with a Makefile.direct build, which some of us still use occasionally.