[Gc] RE: Conservative Garbage Collector

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Wed Apr 22 18:19:02 PDT 2009

I just noticed that this apparently didn't get answered.  Sorry.

I would suggest moving to 7.1 or the CVS version.  But the following should apply to all 7+
versions:

GC_size_map maps a requested size in bytes to a number of "granules", typically 8 or 16 bytes each.  The freelist arrays are indexed by the number of granules, and point to a free object.  The list of free objects itself is linked through the first word (see obj_link).  I'll update

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gcdescr.html

to make this clearer.