[Gc] libatomic_ops: old patches resubmission 1 (SunC/x86 support)

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Wed Aug 5 14:29:08 PDT 2009

Hi!

I've discovered my pending patches for libatomic_ops (diff78 and diff87_cvs) are not easy to apply for the current CVS, so I've decided to resend them all (before submitting a new one regarding WinCE ARM) along with the corresponding change log entries.

The attached cumulative patch (resembling diff78 and diff87_cvs partly) is against the current CVS, doesn't depend on any other pending patches, and deals mostly with the two issues: support addition for SunC on x86/amd64, and minor changes for adding BorlandC, Watcom and DMC compilers support. The only modified file is atomic_ops.h.

libatomic_ops ChangeLog entries:

        * src/atomic_ops/sysdeps/sunc/x86.h: New file.
        * src/atomic_ops/sysdeps/sunc/x86_64.h: Ditto.
        * src/atomic_ops.h (AO_INLINE): Support inlining for DigitalMars,
        Watcom, Sun C.
        * src/atomic_ops.h (AO_compiler_barrier): Use intrinsic-based
        implementation for VC++ v8+ (include <intrin.h> before it unless
        WinCE target); use asm-based barrier implementation for Borland,
        DigitalMars and Watcom.
        * src/atomic_ops.h: Fix comment (for x86_64).
        * src/atomic_ops.h: Include specialized x86.h and x86_64.h arch
        headers for Sun C (if not AO_USE_PTHREAD_DEFS).
        * src/atomic_ops.h: Include VC-specific arch headers for Borland,
        DigitalMars and Watcom (Win32 target only).

Bye.