Re: [Gc] Re: libatomic_ops:old patches resubmission 1 (SunC/x86 support)

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Wed Aug 5 23:17:48 PDT 2009

Hi!

Zeyi Lee <biosli at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at ...> writes:
>

> > Hi!
> >
> > I've discovered my pending patches for libatomic_ops (diff78 and diff87_cvs)
> are not easy to apply for the
> > current CVS, so I've decided to resend them all (before submitting a new one
> regarding WinCE ARM) along
> > with the corresponding change log entries.
> > Attachment (diff107_cvs)
>
> Hi,Ivan:
>   I am not familiar with CVS usage. So could you pls let me know how can i get
> the latest version of your changes.

See:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/#where

For Win32, I personally use a tool called "CvsNT" (setting env var CVSUSEUNIXLF=1).
To apply patches, I personally use Cygwin "patch -p1 -i <patchfile>".

Among my patches, You, I think, really need one (or two) of my following patches:
- fixing GC lib compilation issues for WinCE;
- removing the need for libatomic_ops on Windows (if neither parallel nor has DllMain).

At total, today I'm planning to post 3 libatomic_ops patches and 3-5 patches for GC.

I'm also planning (in, say, 2 weeks) to release a snapshot tar-ball containing CVS + pending fixes/improvements - but You're not going to wait so long, right? ;)

> GC Beginner
> Zeyi Lee

Bye.