[Gc] Bug fix for GC_allochblk

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Aug 11 17:51:12 PDT 2009

I finally checked in a replacement for Ivan's diff99.  It's attached.

I ended up giving up on avoiding adjacent free blocks with the same mapping status, and just changed the code to clearly accept that they might exist.  Testing also exposed some related bugs on machines with pagesize > HBLKSIZE and USE_MUNMAP, which should now be fixed.

I thought I saw one strange failure with unmapping and this patch on X86.  But I couldn't reproduce it.  And on closer inspection, it may have been getting an old version of the library, or I may have gotten a funny mixed configuration.  Nonetheless any further testing is appreciated.