[Gc] Re: patch submissions

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri Aug 14 22:40:59 PDT 2009

Hi!

Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet.ch> wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> I see you're submitting patches in a high frequency since a few moons.

Mostly re-submitting... (and still a dozen of the old submitted ones needs redoing but I don't want to grow the queue even more).

> GREAT, thanks!
>
> One little nit, would you mind attaching your patches with an ending
> like .diff/patch/txt instead of diff#_cvs? (e.g: diff#_cvs.diff iso.
> diff#_cvs)
>
> This would make the review process a bit easier, I can then read the
> diff inline in Thunderbird instead of open and save and view inside a
> text editor. I know, a little nit.

I guess reading a patch in a standalone text editor could be a bit easier thanks to coloring feature.

OK, I'll use ".diff" ext (this is of no meaning to me - to read a patch I generally first apply it and then use a gui comparison tool).

> TIA,
> Andreas

Bye.