[Gc] Incremental algortihm used in gc

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Aug 20 22:06:55 PDT 2009

See  http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gcdescr.html, see the section on "Generational collection and dirty bits" and the PLDI 91 paper it refers to.  Generational and incremental collection are closely related in this scheme.  A VM-implemented write barrier is ususally used.  It only tracks writes at page granularity.