[Gc] GC + Windows Mobile + Threads + Patch for WINCE

biosli biosli at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 26 01:06:47 PDT 2009

Dear Ivan:

> I'm looking at it now...
>
> BTW. Do you have -DGC_ASSERTIONS ? (if not, retry with it defined).

It has not been defined yet, I will add it.

>> Case 3:
>>> for (i = 0; i < 5; ++i) {
>>> check_ints(reverse(reverse(ints(1,10))), 1, 10);
>>> And try smaller values, say, 5 -> 3 and 10 -> 4. If it would work I'll set this values for VERY_SMALL_CONFIG case.
>> I do it as you said. The test passed.(define THREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC, GC_GCJ_SUPPORT)
>
> Thanks.
> Just to make lesser changes to test.c, could you tell me whether it works without 5->3 change (should work I guess),

Yes, it works.(without 5->3 change and define GC_ASSERTIONS, THREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC)

> and, if yes, whether it works with 10->6 or 10->8 (again without 5->3 change)?

However, run test with 10->6(without 5->3 change and define GC_ASSERTIONS, THREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC).
I get the warning as "Small thread creation failed 8", and Debugbreak.

There is another backtrace for you.(I send a attachment)

>>> PS. I've also made PARALLEL_MARK available on WinCE but it requires assembler AO_store() implementation on ARM for VC++.
>> So far as I know, not all CPU with ARM supports assembler.
> You mean not all embedded CPUs are ARMs, right?
> The problem is VC++ fo ARM doesn't support inline assembler, so there should be an .asm file (implementing AO_store() and friends), or __emit() (and, possibly, __declspec(naked)) should be used for these inline functions (the latter is the better, I think). For now, I'm not going to implement it.

You're right! VC++ for ARM doesn't have the keyword _asm.

Best wishes,
GC Beginner
Zeyi Lee
张三挖到了元宝,小美又掉进陷阱了,快来MClub与好友齐乐乐!立刻访问!