Re: [Gc] About error "Too many heap sections"

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Aug 29 10:16:52 PDT 2009

Hi!

Hugh <up2dream at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I applied your patches. But the multi thread test program will failed after
> some times at line 1964 (if (GC_n_heap_bases >= MAX_HEAP_SECTS) ABORT("Too
> many heap sections");) in os_dep.c file.

If you use SMALL_CONFIG then MAX_HEAP_SECTS = 128, and sections are, in general, at least of MINHINCR * HBLKSIZE bytes, where MINHINCR=64 and HBLKSIZE = 1<<10.

How much mem you program got from the OS when the event happend?

>    How should I configure the program?
>    I defined GC_THREADS/THREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC/SMALL_CONFIG/USE_MUNMAP. I use
> Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC platform.

I guess you should not use SMALL_CONFIG. If your test program is tests/test.c the you could try VERY_SMALL_CONFIG instead.

>    Any help will be apreciate. Thank you.
>    Hugh.

Bye.