[Gc] 7.2alpha4

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Wed Dec 2 17:28:20 PST 2009

With many thanks to Ivan Maidanski, who actually generated the files, in addition to contributing many and probably most of the fixes, I made available version 7.2alpha4 of the GC in the usual place, i.e. at

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gc_source/gc-7.2alpha4.tar.gz

I think we all believe this is in pretty good shape, and basically just needs a bit more testing to turn it into 7.2.

Ivan also generated a corresponding standalone libatomic_ops tar file, which I will attempt to put in the right place, though that may take a while.  It now uses the GC version numbering, i.e. it skipped many versions from 1.2 to 7.2alpha4.  The same files are included in the GC distribution, so you don't need to download libatomic_ops separately if you really want the GC.