[Gc] compiling gc-7.2alpha2 or a4

Marcos_David.Dione at sophia.inria.fr Marcos_David.Dione at sophia.inria.fr
Fri Dec 4 08:14:07 PST 2009

  we use gc in bigloo[0], a scheme implementation which I have to port
natively to android. I found that downloading android's source
code/toolchain[1] and using a nice wrapper[2] I can compile things that
run natively in the android sdk/emulator[3].

  now, I know gc-7.2alpha2 and alpha4 have this ANDROID_PLATFORM define
recognize the platform, so I:

$ export CFLAGS="-DLINUX -DPLATFORM_ANDROID"
$ ./configure --host=arm-linux-gnulibc
$ make
[...]
libtool: compile:  /usr/local/bin/droid-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I./include
-I./include -fexceptions -DLINUX -DPLATFORM_ANDROID -MT dyn_load.lo -MD
-MP -MF .deps/dyn_load.Tpo -c dyn_load.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/dyn_load.o
dyn_load.c:92:19: error: link.h: No such file or directory

  which is true: link.h is not in the toolchain at all (not in the sdk
[which is java only], the ndk or android's source code/toolchain). so,
how is this define supposed to be used?

  just to clarify again: I'm not using the NDK, I need a complete native
port. has anyone tried this? or in any case, how does it work under the
NDK?

--
[0] http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/fp/Bigloo/

[1] http://source.android.com/download#TOC-Installing-Repo