[Gc] compiling gc-7.2alpha2 or a4

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Dec 4 13:51:58 PST 2009

I know almost nothing about Android, but it looks to me like the absence of link.h
is a real issue.  The garbage collector normally walks the dynamic loader's data structures with dl_iterate_phdr.  That interface is normally declared in link.h.

If it doesn't exist (try a grep in /usr/include), the other options are

- link statically, and don't define DYNAMIC_LOADING

- define USE_PROC_FOR_LIBRARIES and find roots using /proc.  That may be suboptimal, and I'm not sure that interface is supported either.