[Gc] compiling gc-7.2alpha2 or a4

Marcos_David.Dione at sophia.inria.fr Marcos_David.Dione at sophia.inria.fr
Tue Dec 8 03:38:48 PST 2009

On Tue, December 8, 2009 11:40 am, Marcos Dione wrote:
> On Mon, December 7, 2009 8:00 pm, Ivan Maidanski wrote:
>> Marcos_David.Dione at sophia.inria.fr wrote:
>>>     but later around line 1869:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> #   ifdef PLATFORM_ANDROID
>>> #        define SEARCH_FOR_DATA_START
>>> #     undef NOSYS
>>> #   endif
>>> [...]
>>
>> This absent in the GC CVS (probably, you refer to Mono code, right?)
>
>     I also forgot to mention which version of gc I'm using: it's
> gc-7.2alpha4. and no, this is gc's code.

    duh, I see that I'm mistaken here. actually this piece of code is from
a post in japanese[1] (which unluckily I can't read) that seems to
explain something related to the original problem: link.h is not
there. In any case, -DLINUX -DPLATFORM_ANDROID does not work.

>>>     this clearly means that JMP_BUF is not defined.
>>
>> You could also try to guard that error place with ifndef JMP_BUF if
>> [sig]jmp_buf is not refered from another place (but, of course,
>> successful
>> compilation doesn't mean it would work).
>
>     I don't think that would work (but I will try), because the code goes:
>
> [...] line 2156
> /* Do we need the GC_find_limit machinery to find the end of a  */
> /* data segment.                                                */
> # if defined(HEURISTIC2) || defined(SEARCH_FOR_DATA_START)
> #   define NEED_FIND_LIMIT
> # endif
> [...] line 2188
> # if defined(NEED_FIND_LIMIT) || \
>      defined(USE_PROC_FOR_LIBRARIES) && defined(THREADS)
> JMP_BUF GC_jmp_buf;

    beh, actually this was my mistake. the patch I mentioned before? it
was only partially applied. in any case, both define
SEARCH_FOR_DATA_START,  which then defines NEED_FIND_LIMIT, which asks
for JMP_BUF GC_jmp_buf. applying the rest of the patch fixed it, but
I'm still in the point of:

/auto/sop-nas2a/u/sop-nas2a/vol/home_indes/mdione/src/works/inria/android/live/bigloo3.3a/lib/3.3a/libbigloogc-3.3a.a(os_dep.o):
In function `GC_get_main_stack_base':
os_dep.c:(.text.GC_get_main_stack_base+0x1c): undefined reference to
`__stack_base__'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

    all the modifications I made to the code so far are in the attached
patch. I will try only with naoya_t's patch and then with my part of
the patch alone to see what happens.

--
[1] http://android.g.hatena.ne.jp/n4_t/20090704/1246689974