[Gc] Interesting behavior under heavy I/O load...not sure I can do anything about it.

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Dec 8 14:42:55 PST 2009

> From: Talbot, George [mailto:Gtalbot at ansarisbio.com]
>
> I just tried it and It worked perfectly in my case.  Is this
> an area that the future C++ standards might get into?

Possibly eventually.  I suspect it will depend on the extent to which vendors eventually exploit the limited GC support in C++0x, which I expect will really be finalized around 2011.  I don't think C++0x will do more with GC than what's already in the current draft, since the current draft represents a careful compromise.