[Gc] compiling gc-7.2alpha2 or a4

Marcos_David.Dione at sophia.inria.fr Marcos_David.Dione at sophia.inria.fr
Wed Dec 9 06:41:18 PST 2009

On Tue, December 8, 2009 6:51 pm, Ivan Maidanski wrote:
> Now, I remember I successfully compiled GC on NDK 1.5r1 (but this was
> toolkit for windows development host which doesn't define __linux__ (which
> is tested by GC)).
> Now, this is fixed and should work for any toolkit (I've tested with
> v1.6r1).

    hmm, maybe I wasn't that clear: gc compiles fine, but when I try to
link it to an app, then it fails looking for __stack_base__.

> 3. Alternatively, to build with that support, get and include bionics clib
> linker headers.

    that's what some parts of my patch does: include linker.h instead of
link.h and elf.h.

> If you would still experience linkage problems, send me the linkage
> command (that is passed to gcc).

    the compiler and linker options are simialr for those you can see in
this other page:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Joel_Reymont/Android_Notes#Sample_external_application_Makefile

    if it's really interesting: I'm using a slightly modified version of:

http://github.com/tmurakam/droid-wrapper/

--
Lic. Marcos Dione
Engineer Expert - Hop Project