[Gc] Issue with libatomic_ops.h on Windows XP 64-bit with VS 2005

Emmanuel Stapf [ES] manus at eiffel.com
Wed Dec 16 11:41:51 PST 2009

I was trying to compile libatomic_ops for Windows 64-bit using VS 2005 (directly
from the libatomic_ops/src folder) and I was getting the following error:

#  error Cannot implement AO_compare_and_swap_full on this architecture.

It turns out it was because `msftc/x86_64.h' was not included. I've replaced line
285 of atomic_ops.h to now read instead:

# if defined(_AMD64_) || defined(_M_X64)

I'm not sure if this is the right patch though.

Regards,
Manu

Eiffel Software
805-685-1006