[Gc] Patch for adjusting printf actual param types

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Sat Feb 28 16:28:00 PST 2009

I belatedly checked in essentially Ivan's original patch, after adjusting some of the casts and %u/%d and %lu/%ld specifiers to be still more consistent about signedness.  Hopefully I didn't break anything in the process.  This only affects logging/tracing in any case.

I'm sure this could be improved further, but this is better than anything we had before.  A lot of this was left-over ugliness from ancient attempts to avoid stdargs, because they used to be broken ages ago.