[Gc] Re[2]: gc and win64

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Jul 11 01:04:27 PDT 2009

Hi!

NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/10 Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru>:
> > Hi!
> >
> > NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Ivan,
> >>
> >> Is it too soon to ping again about getting boehm and win64 to play
> >> perfectly together, and get it all back into the gcc tree?
> >>

> > 1. boehm and win64 are playing perfectly together at present (since _M_IX86 bug has been fixed in mingw-w64) except for building script (but you have a patched working copy of it, right?).
>
> Even with the _DLL thing?  Did you decide how you want to proceed on it?

All is needed when you're creating/using GC as a static lib is -DGC_NOT_DLL.
Just add it somewhere in your building script (for now).

> > 2. nobody seems to work on merging the gcj boehm-gc (derived from v6.6) and the current gc version (although, as I see, only thread registering needs to be updated in gcj (for win target)).

Also, GC_finalize_all() should be called in a separate thread (similar to that in Sun JVM).

> > 3. related to GCJ, I think it's better to send feature requests and patches to their mailing list.
> >
> > 4. the patches posted here by you and the others recently are still pending...
>
> I was under the impression that my patch was undesirable, and you had
> a better solution.  What do we need to do to get something in there
> that makes it all work OOTB?

This is still in force (and pending): http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.garbage-collection.boehmgc/2894

Bye.