Re: [Gc] Re: [patch boehm-gc]: Add definition of GC_BUILD for mingwtargets

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri Jul 17 04:43:20 PDT 2009

Hi!

Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> wrote:
> Kai Tietz wrote:
> > Thanks. I applied it to trunk and 4.4 branch. Should I put it into 4.3, too?
> > I forwarded patch already upstream. As far as heard by them, this
> > patch is ok, but it will be a temporary solution. They are reworking at
> > the moment a lot of things in boehm-gc and configure machinery.
>
> Hmm, so perhaps I should hold off doing the merge.  Thoughts, Hans?
>
> Andrew.

That were my thoughts (and I said the word "temp" to Kai Tietz) expressed in http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.garbage-collection.boehmgc/2894

In particular, I've suggested to always define GC_BUILD in c/h files (gc_priv.h, gc_pmark.h and gc_cpp.cc) guarded with ifndef, so not to bother with GC_BUILD in scripts. I'll submit the patch for it a bit later (just not to grow the unprocessed queue).

This would be backward compatible so the current patch (for gcc boehm-gc) is anyway ok.

Bye.