[Gc] Re: Patch ping (boehm-gc)

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Jul 17 12:36:30 PDT 2009

The situation here seems a bit messy, in that the upstream GC code is quite different (it uses libatomic_ops), but superficially it looks to me like that has similar issues.  You might check http://bdwgc.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bdwgc/bdwgc/libatomic_ops-1.2/src/atomic_ops/sysdeps/gcc/powerpc.h?revision=1.8&view=markup

I'm still behind with the upstream patches, but I don't recall one that fixes this.  If it's not fixed there, this is likely to get broken again in the future.

Has gcc supported %y for a long time?  One concern is that the upstream version often gets used with ancient compilers.  Thus compatibility with old gcc versions is much more of a concern than for the version in the gcc tree.