[Gc] status of libatomic_ops

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Jul 24 09:59:59 PDT 2009

That's still the plan.

However the intent is to have the libatomic_ops subdirectory in the bdwgc distribution separately buildable, and to have the GC distribution continue to build against a separate libatomic_ops if available.  Thus hopefully the impact on distributions should be minimal.

I really only did this because it simplified the source tree maintenance issues for me.