Re: [Gc] Support for mingw + threads

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri Jul 24 10:57:54 PDT 2009

Hi!

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> What is the status? ECL is currently using version 7.1 but this
> version fails to build with support for threads in Mingw. I am using
> the latest versions of both mingw and msys without success: the file
> win32_threads is not compiled and linked in :-/ Any quick patch I can
> apply to keep my users happy?

Does ECL use unmodified version of GC v7.1? If yes then you should switch to GC v7.2a2 (or if you are using incremental mode then better use CVS).
It works with mingw gcc4+ (and with mingw-w64(32) of latest build if -DGC_NOT_DLL supplied);
-DUSE_MUNMAP, -DPARALLEL_MARK and -DTHREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC works too.

Note: GCC may produce an uninit-var warning (at least with -Wall) - ignore it.
Note 2: the building scripts may be not up-to-date.

> Juanjo
>
> --
> Instituto de FМsica Fundamental, CSIC
> c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)