[Gc] Support for mingw + threads

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 24 11:32:39 PDT 2009

2009/7/24 Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru>:
> Does ECL use unmodified version of GC v7.1?

Mostly. The patch for signal handling in OS X is essential for ECL to
build properly on that platform, but I believe you have committed that
already.

> If yes then you should switch to GC v7.2a2
> (or if you are using incremental mode then better use CVS).

I have problems accepting to move to an alpha release. Already too
many complains from unhappy users about the move 6.8 -> 7.1 (needed
for the OS X)

> It works with mingw gcc4+ (and with mingw-w64(32) of latest build if -DGC_NOT_DLL supplied);
> -DUSE_MUNMAP, -DPARALLEL_MARK and -DTHREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC works too.

I do not know about those flags. Are they documented anywhere?

> Note 2: the building scripts may be not up-to-date.

This does not sound like something I would like to distribute right
now with ECL, specially when I have users that complain if they have
to type "make clean" before configuring :-)

In any case, can I just prompt corageous users to build 7.2a2
themselves if they want thread support + mingw32?

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)