[Gc] crash in GC_free

Jerry Hughes hughesjerry369 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 06:13:58 PDT 2009

Hi,

I want to use the C++ gc in a code I wrote on a Mac OS 10.5 using Qt.
The code doesn't use delete at all as it was meant to be garbage
collected. The code obviously has leaks but works fine otherwise.

I build gc 7.1 on my Mac. The test_cpp runs fine.

In my code, all I did was including "gc_cpp.h" and now the program
crashes quite immediately after launch. Apparently somewhere in
GC_free() from malloc.c because hhdr is null.

It crashes even if not a single class is derived yet from gc. So, I
don't understand why GC_free is even called.

Is it because I use Qt libraries which are not garbage collected?

Thanks,
Jerry