[Gc] gc and iphone / xcode

Joseph Rukshan Fonseka ruki at rukispot.com
Thu Jun 4 16:09:03 PDT 2009

Hello.

I have a large java application that I am converting to C++. I have
discovered that correct memory deallocation is going to be a nightmare
simply because of the nature of the Java language as it supports
garbage collection.

I discovered the gc library and wish to use it.

My question is has anyone been able to use this library in xcode for
the iphone? The new code will be written in objective-C however the
existing Java code I am porting to C++.  How do I set up my project to
use the library?

Does this library automatically garbage collect all memory or do I
have to have my objects inheriting from gc? What about classes like
vector from the std library? How can I make sure the garbage collector
will work for them too?

Regards,
Rukshan Fonseka.