[Gc] Patches resubmission 7

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Jun 12 17:01:35 PDT 2009

Thanks.

I'm committing this, with a change to your GC_finalize_all() fix.

I expect that JVMs using this will not expect finalizers to be run in this thread.  It's unclear to me whether this will break things, but I'd rather keep the semantics roughly what they were, especially since this is all part of a hopelessly broken interface anyway, and we aren't really going to fix it.  It should only be used to implement JVM functionality that Java deprecated ten years ago, for excellent reasons.

I fixed the corresponding comment in javaxfc.h.  (I agree with all your reasons that it was broken.)