[Gc] GC 7.2alpha2

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Jun 12 18:15:05 PDT 2009

I finally put another snapshot of the GC in the usual place (http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gc_source/)

I only tested on 3 or 4 platforms, but it appears to be in decent shape.  The major outstanding problem I'm aware of are the occasional failures with GetWriteWatch incremental GC under Windows.  I'm still not quite caught up with patches, so there may be others.  (Thanks to all of Ivan's work, I think I'm a bit closer.)  I didn't call this 7.2, largely for lack of proper testing.  E.g. this was not tested at all on FreeBSD or Solaris.

I would like to make available another snapshot that includes the C++0x support, and is based onthis snapshot.  But I appear to have broken that at the moment.  Other than that, I expect to not have time to work on this during the next week.  (If I introduced a really nasty bug in the repository, I'll try to deal with it, of course.)