[Gc] Bug fix for entering multi-threaded mode

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Jun 13 10:42:38 PDT 2009

Hi!

This small patch fixes the bug with unset GC_need_to_lock when only explicit registration of threads is used.

This is, in fact, my diff51 and diff55 partly.

The more detailed description is in
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.garbage-collection.boehmgc/2517
and
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.garbage-collection.boehmgc/2522

ChangeLog entries:

        * pthread_support.c (GC_allow_register_threads): New API function.
        * win32_threads.c (GC_allow_register_threads): Ditto.
        * include/gc.h (GC_allow_register_threads): New API prototype.
        * include/gc.h (GC_register_my_thread, GC_unregister_my_thread):
        Update the comments.
        * pthread_support.c (GC_register_my_thread): Check the collector
        is in the multi-threaded mode.
        * win32_threads.c (GC_register_my_thread): Ditto.

Bye.