[Gc] Incremental collection bug/patch

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Jun 16 02:11:11 PDT 2009

I stumbled across a (long-standing?) bug in the MPROTECT_VDB-based incremental GC implementation.

The patch is attached.  Most of this is additional debugging support; the last change (h_trunc ==> current) in os_dep.c is the critical one.  If you are using incremental GC, you probably want to apply at least that piece.  It's unclear to me that this helps with the GetWriteWatch issues on Windows, though I haven't seen that very recently.

If you don't call GC_enable_incremental(), you don't care about this.