Re[8]: [Gc] Win64 GCC support

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Jun 20 12:47:54 PDT 2009

Hi!

NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/19 Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru>:
> > Hi!
> >
> > NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I guess current configure won't work for mingw-w64.
> > Are there any volunteers to get configure up-to-date and working on GNU/Win32 systems?
>
> You guys are using automake, so it should be very easy to do this.
> Unfortunately, it appears to be an old version of automake, one that
> I've never even used before.  Are you averse to stepping up to a more
> recent version?  1.11 is current.

Petter Urkedal <urkedal at nbi.dk> seems to be the most active person regarding build scripts recently. May be, he could address the problem.

In fact, the mingw-w64 target is the same as MinGW one except that -DGC_NOT_DLL must present (when a static library is built).

> > I've occasionally fetch the latest but for 32-bit target (instead of 64-bit) and test with it:
> > -m64, of course, results in unknown "DI" mode (BTW, why are you separating 32/64-bit builds?);
> > _M_IX86 is incorrectly defined in _mingw.h.
> >
> > With a work around for _M_IX86, BDWGC works ok (on 32-bit for now). I'll check 64-bit later (but I guess no more surprises).
>
> I believe Kai addressed your open bugs.  Does that fix everything?

He (or you) a bit overdoes - __i286__ and __i186__ don't support 32/64-bit modes ;)

Yes, that fixes everything (provided you are using -DGC_NOT_DLL or -DGC_BUILD -DGC_DLL -shared) for mingw-w64.

Bye.