Re[10]: [Gc] Win64 GCC support

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Jun 20 23:05:28 PDT 2009

Hi!

NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/20 Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru>:
> > In fact, the mingw-w64 target is the same as MinGW one except that -DGC_NOT_DLL must present (when a static library is built).
>

> Ignoring the configure changes for now, I built the gc by adding that
> define to CFLAGS.  I got an almost clean build.  I had these two
> warnings:
>
> ../cord/cordxtra.c: In function 'CORD_nul_func':
> ../cord/cordxtra.c:432:18: warning: cast from pointer to integer of
> different size
> ../cord/cordxtra.c: In function 'CORD_chars':
> ../cord/cordxtra.c:438:40: warning: cast to pointer from integer of
> different size
>
> Can you fix those?

"cord" is a stand-alone library based on GC and it hasn't been updated for years. IMHO, it should be moved out of GC. But, for now, just don't make "cords" target. Instead, "make gctest" would do (it should produce libgc.a and gctest.exe).

Also, pass -fno-strict-aliasing to CFLAGS (if you are optimizing).

There could be a warning in finalize.c - just ignore it (the patch is pending for it).

Bye.