Re[10]: [Gc] Win64 GCC support

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun Jun 21 08:02:08 PDT 2009

Hi!

NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/21 Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru>:
> > Hi!
> >
> > NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I can do the work, as it should be very easy.  It's just that I want
> >> to be clear how you guys want it done.  Going the AC_DEFINE route is
> >> handling it all at configure time instead of make time.  Both work
> >> fine, just tell me which to do and I'll do it.
> >
> > If I understood correctly the question, we handling it at configure time (as we pass the desired --enable/disable-XXX to configure).
>
> Well, nothing's being enabled or disabled.  It's more like;
>
> AS_CASE([$host],
>   [x86_64-w64-mingw*],[AC_DEFINE([GC_NOT_DLL])])
>
> Putting that in configure.ac will create a new #define GC_NOT_DLL when
> the host is mingw-w64's win64 host crt.
>
> Doing it at make time would involve setting the AM_CFLAGS variable in
> Makefile.am based on some condition.  Either one works.  In fact, you
> can commit those two lines there to configure.ac right now and
> regenerate it if you want.

As we are not using config.h for now (although there's a suggestion to optionally use it (but only at build time, not public gc.h)). So, the preferred way, for now, is to set the AM_CFLAGS.

PS. IMHO, alternatively you may follow the behavior of MinGW (i.e. which doesn't define _DLL in _mingw.h) - in that case, GC_NOT_DLL would not needed at all.

Bye.