Re[10]: [Gc] Win64 GCC support

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun Jun 21 08:20:45 PDT 2009

Hi!

Petter Urkedal <urkedal at nbi.dk> wrote:
> On 2009-06-21, NightStrike wrote:
> > Doing it at make time would involve setting the AM_CFLAGS variable in
> > Makefile.am based on some condition.  Either one works.  In fact, you
> > can commit those two lines there to configure.ac right now and
> > regenerate it if you want.
>
> There is another way, which is what I'm referring to in may previous
> post:
>
> #ifdef __SOME_ARCH_SPECIFIC_MACRO__
> #  define GC_NOT_DLL 1
> #endif
>
> That would typically go into gc_config_macros.h or gcconfig.h.

My opinion: I don't like this style (eg., we may want to build a DLL).

IMHO, we should remove GC_NOT_DLL at all (and don't check for "_DLL"). And always define GC_BUILD in gc_priv.h (and other private headers that are happened be to included before gc_priv.h). In that case, the makefile would build a DLL if -DGC_DLL is specified else build a static lib.

The decision, anyhow, is upon Hans.

Bye.