[Gc] Win64 GCC support

Petter Urkedal urkedal at nbi.dk
Mon Jun 22 23:58:21 PDT 2009

On 2009-06-22, NightStrike wrote:

> >> No, AM_CFLAGS is not meant for configuration macros.  As NightStrike
> >
> > AM_CFLAGS is for CFLAGS that are common to the whole Makefile.
> > Setting various -D options conditionally in AM_CFLAGS is definitely an
> > ok thing to do.
>
> FTR, I forgot to add that the AM_CFLAGS route is the route I took to
> verify that the current CVS works.

It probably gets the sources compiled, but if the condition depends on
the ./configure invocation, then this breaks the dependency-tracking
when AC_CONFIG_HEADER is used.  Since AM_CFLAGS do not end up in
config.h, they will not take part in the conditional update of this
file, so you may end up with half the sources compiled with one value
and the rest compiled with the other value.  There is also no precedence
in the collector sources for using AM_CFLAGS this way.

Configuration-independent preprocessor options (such as -DGC_BUILD) can
be put into AM_CPPFLAGS.