Re[2]: [Gc] libatomics is ported to Sun C compiler for i386/amd64

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Mon May 11 22:50:31 PDT 2009

Hi!

> Thanks.
>
> How do the suncc files differ from the gcc ones?  It looks like there are minor differences in asm syntax?  It's tempting to merge them, but you're probably right that this is better.

I thought the same at first but Sun cc doesn't recognize "cmpxchgb" and warns about unused asm param (which I commented out).

The thing that likely requires fixing is AO_compare_double_and_swap_double_full (unused in gc).

> Can you explain the comment about AO_REQUIRE_CAS not being supported on Windows?  Since the CAS operations are defined anyway, I think that should just be a no-op.  Did you run into a problem?

Hmm, I've just removed "Currently AO_REQUIRE_CAS is not supported" comment since libatomics can be compiled/used with AO_REQUIRE_CAS on Windows (>=Win98) at present (used by PARALLEL_MARK).

> Hans

Bye.