Re[3]: [Gc] GC_gww_read_dirty unexpectedly failed

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun May 17 09:13:12 PDT 2009

Hi!

Hans Boehm <Hans.Boehm at hp.com> wrote:
> I'm just running the 32 bit, static library, gctest, compiled with
> VS 2005, on an XP 64 box.  GWW_VDB is no longer defined.  Otherwise,
> my version should be similar to the trunk.

Interesting. I recall the old time when GetWriteWatch() was unused in gc. As I'm using own SEGV handler (to catch null dereferences) for my sake, my threaded app always (or nearly so) had crashed if GC_ENABLE_INCREMENTAL.
So, the Q is: do You undef GWW_VDB for experiments or You think GetWriteWatch() is too broken to be usable at all?

> I tried running the excutable on an XP32 box, with similar results.
> It would be interesting to know whether you can reproduce the problem
> under similar conditions.

I'll try on Vista32 (and, may be, on Vista64) with VC++ 2008.
Is this config would do: -MT -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -DGC_NOT_DLL -DGC_THREADS -DGC_ASSERTIONS (i.e., without unmapping, local-alloc and parallel markes)?

> Thanks.
>
> Hans

Bye.