[Gc] Small fix for GC_abort and more

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Mon May 18 11:59:54 PDT 2009

Hi!

The proposed patch does:
- prevent possible infinite recursion in GC_abort/GC_err_printf() ("misc.c" file);
- add "GC_DISABLE_GETWRITEWATCH" env var (only Win32) to fall back to catching memory faults strategy as if compiled without GWW_VDB ("os_dep.c" and "README.environment" files);
- introduce GC_USE_MEM_TOP_DOWN macro (Win32 only) for setting GC_mem_top_down to MEM_TOP_DOWN value (for testing purpose mostly, "os_dep.c" file).

Bye.

PS. Yes, I confirm that gctest (with GC_THREADS + GC_ENABLE_INCREMENTAL without GWW_VDB on Win32) deadlocks (I don't know where yet) and prints infinite "Caught ACCESS_VIOLATION in marker. " msgs.