Re[2]: [Gc] Fix for Cygwin and more

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Tue May 19 23:47:39 PDT 2009

Hi!

> Thanks.
>
> I checked this in immediately, out of order, just in case it might help someone with the other win32 incremental GC issues.

OK. But I don't see that case helping someone with as the patch doesn't touch the win32 gc inc implementation: if GWW (this is now possible to be compiled with) then Cygwin prints "falling back to dirty all" else (if MPROTECT) prints "dirty bits not set up" and crashes with the uncaught exception (as it did before this patch).
As I see GetWriteWatch() always rans to falling back on Cygwin unlike pure Win32-targetted compilers (where it is rare).

The following is a bit misleading:
* include/private/gcconfig.h: Remove special handling for Watcom
	and GWW_VDB.  It works.
Should be red as:
* include/private/gcconfig.h: Enable MPROTECT_VDB and GWW_VDB for
        Watcom (Win32 only).  It works.

More over, gcconfig.h stays uncommitted (at sourceforge).

> I copied the OpenWatcom note into README.win32, to be checked in later.
>
> Hans

Bye.