Re[2]: [Gc] Re: Win32 hang with MPROTECT_VDB

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Thu May 21 23:52:47 PDT 2009

Hi!

> I just checked in a patch to os_dep.c and win32_threads.c.  This appears to fix the MPROTECT_VDB problem, leaving the potential GWW_VDB issue, which is unfortunately far harder to reproduce.

1. ChangeLog:
2009-05-21  Hans Boehm <Hans.Boehm at hp.com> (really Ivan Maidanski)
-> ;)
2009-05-21  Hans Boehm <Hans.Boehm at hp.com> (really Hans Boehm)

2. win32_threads.c: GC_start_world():
 UNPROTECT(t) should also be added for GC_win32_dll_threads case.

3. Q: should we unprotect also non-heap pages (eg. before changing last_info, marker_last_stack_min)?

4. win32_threads.c: GC_get_next_stack():
 UNPROTECT(some_t) should also be added for (see the patch in my next post):
    /* Remember current stack_min value. */
    *plast_stack_min = *lo;

> Hans

Bye.