Re[8]: [Gc] RE: Abuse of collector...

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri May 22 02:10:25 PDT 2009

Hi!

A week ago I wrote:
> Hi!
>
> "Talbot, George" <Gtalbot at locuspharma.com> wrote:

Discard my above thoughts and question!
I see that point: on Linux MPROTECT_VBD is the only incremental collection strategy and it is disabled when USE_MUNMAP or PARALLEL_MARK.

Solaris has PROC_VDB but I'm not sure it works under the same conditions (the last time I've tested it (a year ago) on i386, it wasn't).

The new Q (not to You really): what's the impact of GC_ENABLE_INCREMENTAL if DEFAULT_VDB is the only one defined?

Bye.