Re[2]: [Gc] Dependency tracking for configuration macros

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri May 22 23:01:26 PDT 2009

Hi!

> I'd also generally like to see us move away from direct use of the GC_XXX_THREADS macros, and just define GC_THREADS, relying on gc_config_macros.h to expand that to the appropriate platform-specific macro.

For my test platforms (Win32, Cygwin, Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD) I already use GC_THREADS instead of GC_XXX_THREADS (not sure for CVS version).

See gc_config_macros.h changes in my diff64 (Feb 28).
(This patch also finishes the movement of 'extra' files (setjmp_t.c, gcname.c and friends) in the base folder to "extra" folder done in patches diff41a/b (11.11.2008)).

Although, I've left building scripts untouched (out of my scope).

Every thing is guided in gc_config_macros.c (so this file should be included somehow from every .c file at the beginning).

> But that's not pressing.

There should be some changes NETBSD and DGUX. I'll provide a patch shortly.

> Hans

Bye.